Scott's Thoughts Vol. 1

This is some random shit from my mind! Enjoy!!

 

|
   Saturday, June 02, 2007  
I stayed over at my dad's house for a couple of days and helped him with a project.

i found this box filled with my high school stuff. there was a folder that was filled with all my old english papers and poems and shit. i couldn't believe it.

anyways, i decided to include some of my poems from high school on myspace. i've already put one on there.

for those of my thousands of fans who have not crossed over into the myspace kingdom, i didn't want to leave you out. Here is a journal entry from my english class.

Journal entry #5

The date is March 2, 1988, but who cares. As i rolled out of bed this morning and hit the floor hard, a thought crossed my throbbing, aching head. "What am I doing here? What is the purpose of all the time and energy i am spending day after day, week after week, month after month? Is it going to pay off before i'm rotting in the ground?"

After a long gaze at my reflection in the bathroom mirror, I wondered why i was put in this god-awful creature of flesh, blood, and pimples. As i left home to go get my "so-called" education, I noticed that everything around me was dark and dreary gray. Colorless, motionless, lifeless....... Every object was the static of a cable channel i don't get. It was all the color of the dingy, gray snow on a downtown sidewalk.

As i arrived at the institution of learning, i attended my first class promptly. I sat in my desk and listened to an excruciatingly exciting, intriguing, lecture over stocks and bonds. One of the toothpicks i was using to keep my eyes pried open slipped out, and I let out of scream of agony.

The teacher became infuriated and demanded an explanation. All I could mumble out was, "Uh, I don't know." This response seemed to enrage her even further. She growled out, "Scott, I do believe you have a serious attitude problem today!".

My reply....."Could be."



I hope you found that entertaining. for me, it was refreshing to see that i haven't changed that much over the years.

we have a new gig tonight at cowtown sports bar and grill. it's on highway 80 and alta mere in fort worth. I think it's free, but i'm not sure.

later,

scott
   posted by Scott at 10:27 AM

Comments: Post a Comment


archives